Monday, May 11, 2009

Crawling, Standing and Dr. Appointment

Jayden finally started bearing weight on his legs about two weeks ago. And last week he started army crawling so now we have a mobile baby. He is getting fast. I have included a video we took of his new skill. I think it is hilarious how he is crying because we won't just give him the paper and we are making him work for it. (Yes we are letting our child play with paper what can I say he loves it.)

We just had Jayden's 9 month Dr. visit. Here are his stats:

Weight: 16 lb <5th>

Length: 27 3/4 in. 30th percentile

The doctor is a little worried about his weight. He hasn't gained any weight since seven months. I find this very suprising because he eats a lot. The doctor said it could be that since he is now active that he is burning off the weight. He recommened feeding him high calorie foods so he can put on weight and also to make sure he is getting food from every food group. He also had Jayden get his blood drawn to check for anemia (which I have so it wouldn't surpise me if he has it) and to check for lead levels. He said lead poisoning could cause developmental delays and low weight and we do live in a older place that could have lead paint I sure hope this is not the case. If Jayden is anemic we will just have to give him iron supplements. But as far as the lead goes I am not sure what we are supposed to do if that is the case. I didn't even think to ask about that. The doctor said he looks healthy and cognitively he is doing well but he is still just a little behind the average for gross motor milestones. So we will have another appointment in six weeks to check his weight and development. Overall though we are doing well and are loving life.

3 comments:

Henderson Family said...

He is so adorable. I can't believe he is already crawling. Time flies.

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

What a cutie! That's pretty scary stuff though, I hope everything is ok with the little guy!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

What a cutie! I'm glad your docter is looking into things. Its better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes I wonder though if your docter realized that Jayden's parents aren't exactly giants and it could be genetic. Lets hope that is the case!