It has been a while since my last post. Derrick and I have been doing great. We are really loving Colorado and everyone in our ward is wonderful. We went to see a local production of The Man of La Mancha and we are going to a dinner theater next week to see Cats. We went to our first birthing class last week and I think it is starting to become a little more real that we are having a baby. We are getting closer everyday and we are starting to get all of the little necessities for our little man. Which reminds me if any of you have any suggestions of must haves for a newborn or things that are a complete waste of money I would love to hear it. I have looked at several essential baby lists and they are all different and some of the suggestions really do not seem necessary. I have posted my latest prego pic. This is me at 8 Months or 34 weeks.
The other thing that has been keeping us occupied is our little hoolagan cat. She figured out somehow to escape from the bathroom at night twice she has escaped outside through our window thrice and has escaped out the screen door once. Not to mention she has a new obession with scratching at our carpet and the weather stripping on our door. I had a nice suprise yesterday when I found the carpet by our back door ripped up. And to add more to the mix she has now started to move her violently cuddly reputation to a new stage and will nip at my arms and hands when she is cuddling me. All of this plus her spreading litter all over the bathroom and somehow missing her box is really making me consider if I want to keep her when Jayden comes. So if anyone wants a free cat or has suggestions of what to do to improve her behavior it would be greatly appreciated.
3 months ago

3 comments:
Well first the baby item suggestions. We never used baby powder or baby oil and we just used a foam pad or a towel for giving Katie Marie a bath. Those little mini bathtubs are probably a waste of money, but it's up to you. I guess that depends on whether or not you have a bathtub or just a shower. Diapers are the obvious must and plan on doing lots of laundry. I didn't discover how wonderful bleach was, until Katie Marie was older, but I wish I would have known sooner so that I could have avoided many stained outfits. Also diaper bags can be nice, but sometimes a cute purse works just as well. It can be annoying trying to carry around two or sometimes three bags (in my case, a backpack) at a time.
Now the cat suggestions. Our cat who my parents have had for over 13 yrs. was declawed. I think it was only the front set of claws, but I'm not sure. It didn't seem to affect her balance or ability to kill rodents or birds, but it definitely took care of the painful scratches. I have no suggestions for the teeth though. Sorry!!!
Catherine you are so cute!!!
Love, Brittney
Well, I found your blog through Tiffani's. That was a nice suprise. Anyway... It is exciting to see you at 8 months pregant! Emily and I were released from primary. :( Keep in touch!
Button up the front onsies were obviously invented by someone who had a baby. Buy a package or two of disposable diapers (the cheap white ones) to use as spit up rags. Nursing pads. A PUMP! OH and possibly some larger size shirts (for you) A Boppy. Nursing G's and Nursing bra. The hospital usually gives you a diaper bag (or two in my case so now I have three) One thing to remember is that nice second hand stores are awesome, like kid to kid or other Mothers. I have found stuff that is still on the shelf at wal mart for WAAAAYYY cheaper. Thats what I can think of for now.
Your Cat can most likely sense that you are about to have a baby and that is why she is freaking out and because of the move. Watch out for toxoplasmosis (never change the litter box yourself while you are preggo) You look adorable.
Post a Comment