On Saturday July 18th we were given the news that Derrick's mother had passed away. In Feburary she was diagnosed with lung cancer. We had no indication prior to this that she was sick. By the time they diagnosed it, it had spread significantly. In the past few months during her battle with cancer our family plus her community members have taken time to care for her. We will truly miss her. 
Some of the things that we will remember most about her are:
Judy was a great mother she loved her children so much and supported them and challenged them to try new things and to continue to perfect themselves.
Judy was a wonderful grandmother. She loved to spoil her grandchildren with presents, sweets, lots of food, love and attention. She also loved to plan activities and parties for everyone in the family.
Judy loved to give to everyone. She loved to share her talents and her laughter with everyone she met.
Judy loved to have fun. She loved to play games with the family, go fishing, go to the craft stores, and go to hockey games. She loved music, to listen to it and sing it.
Judy also loved the Savior Jesus Christ. She knew of his love for her and all of her family. She loved to share her testimony with others at church and in the community.
The service was beautiful. It was a wonderful way to remember her and her life. On the front of the program it simply said "Celebration of Life" and we think that is what it really was, a celebration of a life well lived. We laughed we cried and we all came together closer as we remembered all that she has done for us in our lives. You could feel the spirit as the speakers testified of Christ and of the Plan of Salvation.
We have also included a copy of her obituary. She was a remarkable woman who has touched so many lives and we are all better for having known her.
3 months ago

5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Derrik's mother. Know you are both in our prayers.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounded like a great person. You guys are in our thoughts.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. A very touching tribute, she sounds wonderful.
Derrick I loved your mom. She was very special, we were on vaction during the her death. Sorry we could not make it. Thinking for you.
Wow, Derrick I had no idea...I am sorry...Leah just lost her mother also I don't know if you knew that...I am grateful for our knowledge of the plan our Heavenly Father has for us and I am sure your mother is so happy right now...your family is our prayers also...
Post a Comment